Could not get dependencies for project reference validating web site

I answered a question on stackoverflow that started to turn into a brain dump of the debugging techniques we've learnt while building this brand new stack. This project system is brand new (written from scratch), the Nu Get client is new, the dnx is new and evolving quickly. We have plans to make it so that packages can mark the minimum dnx that they require to run to make the error message more clear. Within visual studio, there is a process that runs called the Design Time Host.While everything is still evolving, here's that answer reposted here as a blog post (slightly modified). When things go bad it's easy to throw your hands up and complain (please keep complaining), but with a little help and practice, you'll be diagnosing problems like a pro in no time (and sending pull requests! Also as time goes by, the breaking changes will die down and this issue will fade away... It's an instance of the DNX that Visual Studio and Omnisharp use to drive intellisense and diagnostics for based projects.I get that kind of errors a lot when I'm developing on a x64 machine and my code depends on x86 libraries.The only way I know of running a website depending on x86 code on a x64 machine is to use IIS and disable x64 support on the application pool, this will force the use of the .

Two questions: I checked this post and am disheartened by my prospects. Could not get dependencies for project reference I wasted an entire day on this problem.I have a solution that includes a Web Site (created using the web site template not the web app project template - converting isn't an option, btw).When I rebuild all, the compile succeeds, but strangely displays 3 errors, all of which are "Could not get dependencies for project reference 'PROJNAME'".Since updating to beta 8, VS2015 is unable to resolve references to my class libraries. NET MVC Web API 6 project) builds and publishes just fine but VS2015 visually marks any references to the external library as errors and intellisense doesn't recognize objects in the libraries. I've tried clearing the dnx package cache, re-getting source from source control into a new path. I couldn't get external references working in beta7 due to issues mentioned on issue #120 so can't really say if this issue existed before.The libraries are wrapped, and the solution builds and runs correctly - I am unable to use intellisense or autocomplete, however. In Beta8 it worked perfectly for a few weeks until I applied a workaround to publish as mentioned on issue aspnet/Home#1017 Found a temporary workaround until this bug is fixed.

Could not get dependencies for project reference validating web site