Your code then passes that connection string to a Sql Connection, which connects directly to SQL Server using the SQL native client and uses a completely different connection string. event when an Update button (a button with its Command Name property set to "Update") within the control is clicked, but before the Form View control updates the record.I have a Form View hooked into an Object Data Source. I have some databound controls within the Rad Panel Bar and I've had a terrible time getting them to work. Please download the attached project, run it and let me know if this is the desired effect. I prepared a very simplified runnable project that I believe complies with the scenario that you are trying to achieve.
Everything seemed just fine until I went back to working on updating an Access database. Had helpdesk do a full uninstall/reinstall of the software package I have also had a neighbor who does the same job as I test the same databases I'm using.
What I'm trying to do is pull info from a table based on a user's login and then populate a couple of textboxs on my page with info from the table (i.e. In my Page_Load in code behind, I can populate a textbox (Text Box1) on my page with the person's username using server variables. Object Datasource and Custom Object Hey, I have an object datasource that populates a detailsview. the other way I suppose is to itterate through all the controls within in it? I sense that it is turning the paging "On" that causes some different order of events which creates my problem.
Now, I have a query in my datasource that says SELECT * from tbl_Info WHERE username = ? I know how to update the changes using a BLL method like so: public static Update User(string Username, string Surname); However I would like to use the objects update() method ive created that essentially calls: public static Update User(User user); The question is, how do I access the fields that are contained within the details view? My Form View uses a typed dataset, and the "instance" for the typed dataset is created at the top of the page. Client-side data Source object data Available event I am having trouble with the data Available event on the client-side data Source object.
The problem is that after the upgrade, now every time I: 1. Access will spin and spin, sometimes REALLY long times - minutes, not seconds, before it goes to table/form/datasheet view. Re-open in form/table/datasheet view, it works just fine. He is using Access 2013 as well, and had no issues.
Open a form, table, or query in Design view, and then.. What I noticed this morning when I thought of something else to test is that if I: 1. One thought I just had was, I wonder if there are any User specific Access files that I could try moving and letting Access recreate to see if that could be the issue.