This township lies to the north of Accrington, from which it is separated by a piece of Altham, and is bounded on the west and north-west by Hyndburn Brook, towards which the surface in general slopes down from the south-east side, where the land is about 550 ft. The area is 1,059 acres, including 21 of inland water, and the population in 1901 numbered 8,153.
The principal roads are those from Blackburn east to Padiham and from Accrington north to Whalley.
Sparth is on the Whalley road, at the east side of Oakenshaw.
There was formerly a race-course to the south of Henfield. 1) and this became an urban district council in 1894; it has twelve members.
There are recreation grounds and public baths, a mechanics' institute with a library, also Conservative, Liberal and working men's clubs. 2) cotton factories, soap works, corn-mills, brick and tile works and engineering works afford employment to the inhabitants.
To the north-east and south-west of this urban district are the rural portions, in which stand Clayton Hall and Dunkenhalgh respectively; each of them is surrounded by a park.The mission was affected by a series of delays due to technical problems with the external tank and, to a lesser extent, the payload.The launch, initially scheduled for September 2010, was pushed back to October, then to November, then finally to February 2011.For of one thing he took especial care, not to omit anything he had heard, and not to put anything fictitious into the statements." This is what is related by Papias regarding Mark.Irenaeus wrote (Against Heresies 3.1.1): "After their departure [of Peter and Paul from earth], Mark, the disciple and interpreter of Peter, did also hand down to us in writing what had been preached by Peter." Note that Irenaeus had read Papias, and thus Irenaeus doesn't provide any independent confirmation of the statement made by the earlier author.